Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Negative Energy

I was recently troubled by incidents happenning in my department that I am working at. Last 2 weeks, a key member of the department and also a good collegue of mine decided to quit the job. Well, it took me by surprise at the moment, because she is an employee with good working attitude and willing to learn. Although it did make a bad day for me, thinking that it is such a big loss for the growth of the department, I did make peace with the fact that everybody has their own priority in life and it is common for anybody to work and quit, especially when you are still at a very young age.

However, things are not as simple as it is. 1 week after that, another one decided to quit and I can see several others start updating their resume. Following that, whispering among each other in the office, complaining about company's various policies, criticising about the future in the company, discussions about payroll, future development all started to arise, spreading like a plague and looking at all this, I was tremendously annoyed by that. Well, big deal, I am not the boss over here, but the fact that people just being unprofessional, to me, is way too unacceptable. Why do I say being unprofessional? Because people who decided to quit simply preaching about making exodus, making moves, asking people to reconsider. I am not saying making reconsideration is a bad idea, but influencing others to move, hey, thats too much. Can't you just be silent about it?


And the height of my frustration came to a peak when several promotions were arranged just to keep them in the job. Come on! What happen to people who worked equally hard? Do they get promotion as well? A sudden promotion. Give me a break, that just show that you can get promotion by threaten your boss to quit the job. Sometimes, people just don't understand that in a job, NOBODY is unreplacable. We are disposable, we are replacable, regardless how good your are, or how worthy you are in a company. At this point of time, I really wanted to say to them, "Hey, when are you leaving? Please leave as soon as possible & stop spreading negative energy" It kills working morale.


Maybe I am dissapointed by certain people that don't appreciate what the boss had treated them. I am fortunate to have a good boss, because he has plan for everyone to grow stronger more mature and more effective as an employee as well as an individual. He cares for everyone of us. I like my boss, because he is strong, he knows how to protect us from foreign attacks. Not only that, he is building a strong organization within his team. I shared his vision and I am willing to work towards building a strong organization. Maybe I am particularly dissapointed that some people, strong people, just don't share the vision. And this point of time, quiting of some key people just kill my enthusiasm.

Anyway, as I said, nobody is irreplacable or undisposable. I guess I will just have to work with a bunch of new guys, hopefully some day, this department will be the strongest in the company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home